HSB staff is here for your child; here for your family. Our SOS (Support Our Students) Team is available online offering support to students who may be feeling:
♦ lack of motivation
♦ need someone to talk to.
Contact SOS via Teams by using the search bar at the top and entering one of the names below. Our conversations are confidential.
There are also outside services available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
- Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-866-277-3553
- Kids Help Phone / Jeunesse J’écoute 1-800-668-6868
- Maison sous les arbres (Chateauguay) 450-699-5935
In addition to the above, our First Nations community have the following services:
• Kahnawake Shakotiia’takehnhas Community Services (KSCS) 450-632-6880.
• After hours, weekends and holidays, contact the Peacekeepers at 450-632-6505 and ask to speak to an on-call worker.
The Chateauguay Police Service has joined with other Su-Ouest Police Service to launch the SEXTO project in south-western Québec to take fast, effective action in cases of sexting among adolescents in high school and reduce the serious repercussions that can ensue.
Read more about the project.
Student Services Department
Students must have an appointment or a referral from a teacher with the exception of an emergency.
We encourage parents to contact our Student Services Department if they have concerns about their children.
- A part-time nurse offering confidential services in areas of health education, health screening and consultation for concerns and/or needs related to health.
- A full-time guidance counsellor who offers personal, career and educational counselling.
HSB students who have questions about career exploration, post-secondary studies (ex: Vocational or CEGEP programs & prerequisites), graduation requirements, scholarships, bursaries & funding programs, student-for-a-day experiences, post-secondary application deadlines & procedures, and other related information, please contact HSB’s Guidance Counsellor, Kateri Duknic by email to schedule an appointment.
- A part-time social worker offers services to those students whose home situation may be affecting their performance in school.
- A drug and alcohol counsellor
- A school psychologist is available two days per week.
- A native counsellor through the Kahnawake Education Centre & Community Services